Search Site
Grandparent Visitation & Custody

Tucson Grandparent Visitation and Custody Attorneys

At Ayala Law Office, P.C., our Tucson Grandparent Visitation Lawyers and our Grandparent Custody Attorneys in Tucson, Arizona know the law. And, there is good news! In Arizona, under certain circumstances, Grandparents now have the right to file a Petition to seek visitation with their grandchildren, and in some cases, custody of their grandchildren, despite the Troxel v. Granville case that was decided in 2000 by the U.S. Supreme Court.

If you are an Arizona Grandparent seeking visitation or custody of your grandchildren or if you are an Arizona Grandparent who has temporary custody of a grandchild and you now want to seek an order from the court rendering you the legal custodian of your grandchild, one of our Grandparent Visitation Attorneys or Grandparent Rights Lawyers in Tucson, Arizona can help. We will listen to you and to your desires and, if your circumstances qualify, we will draft the necessary pleadings and litigate your matter throughout the court process, seeking the court to award you visitation with your grandchildren, and in some circumstances custody of your grandchild, so that your grandchildren know who you are and are able to have an ongoing healthy relationship with you.


Grandparents visitation attorney Tucson, AZUnder certain circumstances, a Grandparent can file a Petition with the court to seek reasonable visitation with their grandchildren, such as when the child is being withheld by the parent; when one or both of the child’s parents has died; when the child’s parents divorce or are legally separated; when a parent unreasonably limits the time the Grandparent has with the child, etc. At Ayala Law Office, P.C., our Tucson Custody Attorneys will review your facts and the law and assist you in filing for visitation rights with your grandchildren. And, the court can award reasonable visitation to you even if the visitation you are seeking is against the wishes of one or both of the child’s parents.


Under certain circumstances, a court can grant a Grandparent custody of their grandchild, including if one or both of the child’s parents has died, both parents are unfit or absent, or if the child was abandoned by one or both of the parents, etc. At Ayala Law Office, P.C., our Grandparent Rights Attorneys will evaluate your facts and we will decide whether or not you meet the elements of the law in order to file for the visitation or custody of your grandchild, and if you do, our experienced custody attorneys will aggressively litigate your matter in court on your behalf, whether it be a new case that we file or we intervene in a current and ongoing case involving your grandchild.


If the child is under the age of 18, and the court enters an order granting a Grandparent visitation with their grandchild, the parent who has the child as ordered by the court, must obey the order and they must turn the child over to the Grandparent during the scheduled visitation times as specified in the order. If a parent does not comply with the order and turn the child over to the Grandparent for their scheduled visitation time, the Grandparent can file an action for contempt, in court against the custodial parent to enforce the order, seeking attorney’s fees for the contempt of court action as well as other sanctions, and if they win in a child custody modification, the sanctions can include monetary fines and an award of attorneys’ fees. If you are having trouble with a current grandparent/grandchild order and wish to modify that order or if you want to enforce a current order, or if you want to ensue visitation or custody of a grandchild, the custody attorneys at Ayala Law Office, P.C. are here to assist you.  We are experienced in litigation and modifications and we will assist you in finding the best solution so that your issues are resolved and your family is protected.

Contact Ayala Law Office, P.C. Grandparent Rights Attorneys in Tucson, Arizona

Regardless of the family law matter that you have or your family is dealing with, our Grandparent Rights Lawyers in Tucson, Arizona at Ayala Law Office, P.C. are ready to be of service to you. Please call us today at 520-365-3185 or email us to discuss the specifics of your case.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Tucson Office
    70 W Franklin St
    Tucson, AZ 85701
    Phone: 520-202-0391
    Fax: 520-202-0392